Probate Lawyers in Clinton
What to Bring to Your Probate Appointment
When you lose a loved one, the last thing you should have to worry about is handling the administration of an estate on your own. That is where our Clinton probate attorneys and staff at Cantrell, Goodge & Associates come in.
Located in Clinton, Tennessee, we serve clients throughout the region who need help getting through the probate process during a difficult time. While we will be with you through every step of the process, there are some things that we need you to do first.
To schedule a free consultation or get in touch with our lawyers about what you should bring to your consultation, call us at (865) 999-0101.
Important Information That You Need to Bring
If you are the executor of the estate, the first thing you should do is contact the local probate court to determine if you can complete probate without counsel. If not, contact our lawyers as soon as possible to begin work on administering the estate.
Before you come in for your consultation, you will need to:
- Request an autopsy, if necessary. If there is no cause for suspicion, such as medical malpractice, however, proceed with arranging the memorial or burial according to your loved one's wishes.
- Obtain the death certificate and locate the original will so we can examine your loved one's wishes for distributing assets.
- Collect bills and documentation for bank accounts, retirement savings, and investment plans, so that creditors can be paid and other assets can be divided.
- Collect the proper documents for property such as homes, businesses, cars, boats and any other type of property.
- Prepare a family tree including the people named in the will. If there is no will, include the names of close relatives.
With this data, we can quickly get to work and help you determine the best way to proceed with the administration of your loved one's estate. Our Clinton probate lawyers will address every detail so that you can get through the process with as little added stress as possible.
For a free consultation with our probate lawyers in Clinton, please contact us online or by calling (865) 999-0101.